Posted on June 08 2016
Plan for Fun
Attending a music festival in the summer can turn into one of the best experiences of your life, but it won’t be perfect by accident. Putting in a little time to plan out your weekend will help you avoid stress, save money, and look amazing while doing it. At Electro Threads, we have absolutely everything you will need to put together that perfect festival look, but that’s not all. Follow these tips so you can make the most of your time at the festival.
Know before You Go
Whether you’re crossing a few states or just driving a few hours, it’s essential to know exactly where you’re headed. You’ll obviously know where the festival is taking place, but do a little research to know where it’s ok to set up camp or where you can find a place to stay. Map out the best routes to take as well as a plan of escape to beat the massive traffic that’s sure to follow the festival.
When it comes to staying at the festival, camping has become a very popular option for festival-goers. You get to stay close to the music, make new friends, and get a true experience you wouldn’t get any other way. Just don’t forget to pack the camping essentials: a pop-up tent, sleeping bag, solar lights/matches, and a camp stove/grill.
What to Do When You’re There
You might be able to find a motel room to crash in near the festival, but you shouldn’t count on it unless you book it months in advance. For a surer thing and to have an even better festival experience, camping is the way to go. But just because you’re camping doesn’t mean you have to rough it without any conveniences. Here’s how to take camping to the next level:
- Personalize Your Campsite – It’s not all about a standard and boring tent. Yes, you should bring a pop-up tent, but don’t forget the décor that will make your space stand out. Just don’t bring any kind of decorations you couldn’t bear to part with, since you won’t always be there to keep an eye on things.
- Plan to Stand Out – Part of the fun of attending music festivals is dressing the part from head to toe every day. It might seem like a tall order, but it’s easy to stand out among the crowd if you know where to look for festival clothing and accessories. You will find everything you need at Electro Threads to make you look like a festival king or queen, such as fun hats, colorful shoulder bags, jewelry, and sunglasses. Electro Threads EDM tank tops are a perfect look for summer music festivals, regardless of the genre. Our prints are always eye-catching, comfortable, and unique.
- Be Prepared to Walk – You can’t be sure how close your campsite will be to the music, so bring comfortable shoes in case you have to do some walking. If you know you’ll be staying far away, see if you can arrange rides beforehand.
- Meet the Staff & Your Neighbors – It always pays to be friendly to the staff, because you never know what kind of tips or words of advice they can offer you. If you’re a first-time festival attendee, you can never get too much advice—especially from an insider. It will also make the experience more fun to meet your campsite neighbors. They might even love music just as much as you!
- Have Fun! – The best advice to take when going to a festival is to remember to enjoy yourself. The planning can get stressful if you let it, but cover your bases and then kick back and enjoy yourself. If you let it, going to the festival can be one of the best weekends of your life.
Once you know all the when and where’s, use this checklist to prep the essentials:
- Festival tickets
- Tent/sleeping bag/pillow
- Camp stove/cooking equipment
- Folding chair
- Festival outfits and accessories
- Shoulder bag
- Comfy shoes
- Rain gear
- Insect repellant
- First-aid kit/prescriptions
Make It Unforgettable
Since music festivals don’t last forever, you want to do what you can to use your time efficiently. Planning your outfits can go quickly with Electro Threads since we have everything you could need. Our EDM festival outfits, EDM tank tops, and all other clothing and accessory offerings work perfectly for any music festival you’ll be going to this summer. Once you have your look down and follow these simple packing and planning tips, you’ll be well on your way to good vibes for summertime.