Posted on August 16 2016
It’s never too early to start shopping for back-to-school gear. The summer is nearly over, and that means the first day of class isn’t far off.
According to the National Retail Federation, Americans will spend a majority of their 2016 back-to-school budget on apparel and electronics. Another trend shows that this year, more teens and pre-teens are chipping in to help with the expense.
To make that back-to-school budget go further, buy quality clothing made of materials that will withstand multiple washings and stand up to everyday wear-and-tear. Find clothing that is comfortable, but also celebrates individual style. From clothing to accessories, everything you wear should be a reflection of who you are. The Electro Threads Back-to-School Look offers a selection of wearable art, created by our selected artists that focuses on uniqueness—not cookie-cutter-style clothing lines.
Here are some suggestions to get you started.
Whether it’s an explosion of color or an intricate black and white design, graphic tees are a must-have for any back-to-school wardrobe. Graphic tees are works of art. Look for hand-drawn designs or unique messages, and stock up on both short and long-sleeved styles. Opt for graphic tees that are created through the dye-sublimation process, a printing technique that uses heat to lay down the design. This technology allows the true vibrancy of each color to show through.
For more than 80 years, hoodies have been a favorite of athletes, workers, and kids alike. In recent years, everyone seems to be wearing them, and each year, the designs are more innovative. Hoodies are not only a symbol of personal style and creativity, they're a cultural symbol as well. Find comfortable, soft hoodies made from durable fabrics like Spun Poly, which doesn’t require ironing, are color-fast and durable, don’t shrink, and breathe like cotton. Like graphic tees, hoodies are available in beautiful and artistic designs.
Part of the fun of back-to-school shopping is finding great accessories. From bracelets to phone cases, there are products in designs and colors to fit everyone’s tastes.
- If there is an accessory every person needs for back-to-school, it’s a hat. Not only are they popular fashion choices, they are great for those not-so-perfect hair days. Handcrafted hats with graphic designs or intense colors and adjustable sizes are even better.
- A phone case not only offers protection for your iPhone 6/6s, it’s a statement of personal style. Whether you prefer skulls or spirit animals, bright colors or a peaceful design, a phone case expresses who you are and protects your phone from bumps and drops.
- Don’t forget to include a towel to add to your gym or workout gear. Check out the beautifully designed printed beach towels from Electro Threads that are not only soft, but big enough to perform double-duty as a blanket for outdoor events.
- Stock up on bracelets and other jewelry in a variety of colors, textures, and styles to mix and match with outfits. Accessories can give a favorite ensemble a variety of looks.
- Every back-to-school list should include some just-for-fun items as well. Purchase a pair of LED Gloves, complete with brightly colored microlights that can light up the night—great for sleepovers or after-dark events.
Bags and Backpacks
If you need a bag to carry gear back and forth to school, try a drawstring shoulder bag in a brightly-colored design. It’s perfect for workout clothes, and much more interesting than that old gym bag. Backpacks come in all sizes and shapes, from mini-size to extra-large ones. Carrying heavy loads on your back or shoulder causes injuries and posture problems, so don’t over-pack bags even if they are designed to handle the load.
To celebrate a new school year, why not create a new look for your home space, locker, or dorm room? Look for magnetized art for lockers and wall art that allows you to express yourself. Glossy paper posters shouldn’t be the only art hanging on your walls. Try HD metal prints, decals, or typographic prints with your favorite quotes.
Plan a wardrobe that doesn’t look like everyone else’s. The Electro Threads Back to School Look focuses on fun, unique styles with an artistic edge. Start the school year out right. Be who you are and express yourself!